Who We Are
Founded in 2010 by three friends who dared to challenge the limitations of reality, YouVisit is a rapidly growing marketing technology company built on collaboration, values, and innovation. Our New York office brings together YouVisit employees of all walks of life to drive innovation with agility. and work together to solve complex problems serving our partners and their users, creating valuable and unique experiences at scale. At YouVisit we're all engineers and creatives who dream and build the impossible. Our pace is rapid, structure is limited, innovation and creativity are expected! We’re also strong believers in giving back. The YouVisit Foundation allows employees the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of America’s youth through college pathway programs.
What We Do
YouVisit’s experiential content platform leverages immersive and interactive content to bring online college campus tours to life. These engaging virtual experiences evoke powerful emotions moving people to the next stage of their journey in a recruitment process. We have empowered thousands of organizations and individuals, including leading brands in the travel, education, real estate, and entertainment spaces, to create and share memorable and interactive virtual experiences.
YouVisit is looking for...
YouVisit is growing! We are looking for a Senior Data/API Engineer to join our highly collaborative, agile development team to focus heavily on back-end and cloud-based technologies. The Data/API Engineer will be responsible for strategic planning, advocacy of cutting-edge technology, understanding all aspects of our platforms back-end technologies.
In this role, you will...
● Design and build high performance, low latency distributed systems
● Interact with data scientists and analysts to develop data solutions
● Working with large, complex data sets from a variety of sources
● Normalize, sanitize and deliver data via public facing API
● Develop security centric APIs that support federated authentication and roles.
● Work closely with a team of software engineers to design and develop consumer-facing API, leading the charge to enable consumption of our ecosystem data to drive higher conversion
● Participate in the rapid development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform multiple architectural approaches
● Evaluate 3rd party services and provide guidance on when it is appropriate to build versus buy
To be successful in this role, you have...
● Released at least one consumer-facing API
● Comfortability with RESTful API design, implementation, and documentation
● Experience with 3rd party API consumption, both client- and server-side
● Experience with Marketing Technology and AI/ML Marketing technology
● Experience with relational and non-relational databases
● Solid understanding of server and cloud computing technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP)
● Preference is given to candidates with experience using GraphQL, Node.js, Scala, CI/CD, Selenium, Python, Chef or Puppet Technologies.
● Familiar with the complete software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
Why You’ll thrive at YouVisit
● Our offices speak to who we are -- transparent, collaborative, and full of energy:
○ Located in Harold Square surrounded by great food, entertainment, shopping, multiple transportation points, and much more!
○ Open floor plan for ease of communication and increased visibility
○ Fully stocked office with snacks and flexible workspace
○ Bi-weekly catered lunches with the entire office
● We will give you the tools you need to be successful:
○ Cutting edge technology to work on
○ Career development and training
○ Competitive salary and incentives
● You’ll have access to amazing benefits:
○ Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
○ Generous vacation, paid holidays, unlimited sick days
At YouVisit, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and its benefit to our employees, our products, and our community. YouVisit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!