Who We Are
Founded in 2010 by three friends who dared to challenge the limitations of reality, YouVisit is a rapidly growing technology company built on collaboration, values, and innovation. Our New York office brings together YouVisit employees from all walks of life to drive innovation with agility and work together to solve complex problems serving our partners and their users, thus creating valuable and unique experiences at scale. At YouVisit we're all engineers and creatives who dream and build the impossible. Our pace is rapid, the structure is limited, innovation and creativity are expected!
What We Do
YouVisit offers the only fully integrated platform for creating, distributing and monetizing virtual reality and other immersive experiences across all devices, including headsets, mobile, and desktop. We have empowered thousands of organizations and individuals, including leading brands in the travel, education, real estate, and entertainment spaces, to create and share memorable and interactive virtual experiences.
YouVisit is looking for...
YouVisit is growing! We are looking for a Senior API Engineer to join our highly collaborative, agile development team and focus heavily on back-end and cloud-based technologies. The API Engineer will be responsible for strategic planning, cutting-edge technology advocacy, understanding all aspects of our platform, including back-end and front-end technologies; develop high-quality code, perform code reviews, write unit tests, optimize SQL, and conform to the latest best practices.
In this role, you will…
- Work closely with a team of software engineers to design, develop and support APIs
- Diagram and document current and proposed solutions, including object relationships, process flows in order to clearly communicate the function and operation of systems.
- Write clean, well-documented code for a range of products and services
- Contribute to technical architecture to enable scalable and extensible solutions
- Participate in the rapid development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform multiple architectural approaches
- Work closely with other developers, design, product, and QA resources to gather requirements for new API endpoints that will enable new features
- Write unit tests and end-to-end tests to be used in our CI/CD workflow
- Evaluate 3rd party services and provide guidance on when it is appropriate to build versus buy
- Participate in peer code reviews, provide and handle constructive feedback, and develop team knowledge
- Research and recommend the best solution fit technology
- Develop security centric APIs that support federated authentication and roles.
To be successful in this role, you have...
- 4+ years implementing software solutions in at least one modern programming languages
- High level of experience in application development, software engineering, and application architecture
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a fast-paced AGILE team environment
- Curiosity, and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies
- Familiar with the complete software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of JSON, XML, SOAP, HTTP, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance)
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- Experience with RESTful API design, implementation, and documentation
- Experience with 3rd party API consumption, both client- and server-side
- Understand mission-critical and data-intensive problems
- Experience using SQL in a production environment
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases
- Good understanding of server and cloud computing technologies: AWS, GCP
Nice to have...
- Interest in or experience with GraphQL
- Any experience using Node.js, Scala, CI/CD, Selenium, Python, Chef and Puppet Technologies.
Why You’ll thrive at YouVisit
- Our offices speak to who we are -- transparent, collaborative, and full of energy:
- Located in Harold Square surrounded by great food, entertainment, shopping, multiple transportation points, and much more!
- Open floor plan for ease of communication and increased visibility
- Fully stocked office with snacks and flexible workspace
- Bi-weekly catered lunches with the entire office
- We will give you the tools you need to be successful:
- Cutting edge technology to work on
- Career development and training
- Competitive salary and incentives
- You’ll have access to amazing benefits:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation, paid holidays, unlimited sick days
At YouVisit, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and its benefit to our employees, our products, and our community. YouVisit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!