YouVisit is one of the fastest growing virtual reality technology companies in NYC, offering the only fully integrated platform for creating, distributing and monetizing virtual reality and other immersive experiences across all devices, including headsets, mobile and desktop. The company has already empowered thousands of organizations and individuals, including leading brands in the travel, education, real estate and entertainment spaces, to create and share memorable and interactive virtual experiences.
As part of the YouVisit mobile team, you’ll be at the forefront of conceptualizing, architecting and developing virtual reality applications. You will be working closely with product and R&D teams to brainstorm and implement ground-breaking technologies that will help drive the whole market forward.
We are looking to hire a a leader that can work across teams and help deliver rapid prototyping and ready to ship products. The lead developer will have a strong engineering background and manage all architecture design and solution decisions. They must have a proven leadership track record in managing teams and delivering products on time. Working in an Agile environment is a huge plus.
As a Tech Lead, you will lead architecture design discussions and sprints and set the overall technical direction for the mobile team. You will be an active participant in our roadmap discussions and set the strategy for shipping great mobile products built on top of sound technical architecture.
As an Mobile Lead on our team you will:
- Provide technical leadership around the delivery of component designs and development
- Manage and mentor a fantastic mobile team team and perform code reviews
- Establish and implement development best practices
- Collaborate with product team to define, iterate and implement new features
- Own technical architecture direction for the application
- Write code for existing and new functionality
- Ensure on-time delivery of mobile products using Agile development methodologies
- Write thorough technical specs
- Encourage a learning and sharing environment among team members
- Breakdown complex problems and design elegant solutions
- Help deliver an exceptional experience by improving performance and quality of our application
- Optimize the experience across different application types
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of talented developers
- Experience designing MVC application in a .NET environment
- 7+ years of professional development
- 3+ years of leading high-performing teams
- 4+ years of experience programming in C#
- 1+ years of experience programming in Unity (C#)
Required Qualifications (detailed):
- Must be located in the tri-state area
- .NET Architecture Experience
- Unity3D Experience
- Thorough understanding of the software development cycle
- Ability to design and execute on acceptance criteria and success metrics requirements driven process
- Experience developing backend driven applications
- Strong OOP background
- Experience in performance tuning and profiling for different platforms
- Experience in optimizing the rendering pipeline to reduce draw calls, and GPU load
- Strong analytical and coding skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and managing a fast pace and often shifting direction of early prototypes
- Expert knowledge of the Unity framework
- Knowledge working with design patterns such as MVC AND MVVM
- Experience with Shaders and Shader scripting languages (CG or HLSL)
- iOS Development - Swift
- Android Development - Java
YouVisit is an equal opportunity employer.